W h a t W e C a n D o F o r Y o u
Order of Events
- An initial meeting with you to discuss your proposals it’s feasibility and costs including fees.
- We carry out a dimensional survey
- We prepare a sketch scheme for your consideration and approval
- After agreeing the scheme we prepare drawings and submit a planning application including negotiating with the local authority
- We liaise with other consultants as necessary
- We prepare working drawings
- We submit a building regulation application and liaise with the local authority.
Often with smaller jobs the client takes over from here though this is not recommended for large or complex projects and depends upon the client’s knowledge and time.
- We prepare tender documentation and obtain tenders from contractors
- We administer the building contract for you monitoring progress, quality and cost to completion.
We can help you in the following areas
- Initial consultation & site visit
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Site Appraisals
- Design presentations
- Detailed drawings
- Planning and Listed Building applications
- Building Regulations applications
- Specification and Tender preparation
- Project management and contract administration
- Sustainable design
- Measured building survey
- Planning appeals
- Ideas, reports and advice on building matters and development
- Master planning
- Licensing plans
- Sustainability assessments
- Historic assessments
- Land registry plans
- Clients’ representative
So how much do we charge ?
Our initial discussion with you is usually free. We will come out to you and discuss your proposals giving an indication of its feasibility and our charges.
For larger proposals we will normally charge you a percentage of the building cost. The actual percentage will depend upon the complexity of the building works and the extent of our involvement. Typically the percentage would be between 6% and 12%.
Where we cannot easily define the extent of the works we will charge you on a time basis depending upon the type of work, currently £85 to £95 per hour plus VAT and our out of pocket expenses (disbursements). We always try to give an estimation of the time we expect to take and the likely fee and keep you informed as work proceeds.
Where the project is smaller or easily defined we can give you a fixed price fee. The extent of our services can be tailored to suit your budget.
- Fees designed to suit individual clients
- Fees agreed before starting work
- Fees reflect the level of service
- Regular fee accounting